We understand that dealing with a deceased estate is one of the more difficult challenges in life.
From mountains of paper work to legal jargon and simmering family disputes, it's the last thing you want to deal with when you're grieving the loss of someone important in your life.
When it comes to having to deal with the aftermath of a recently departed loved one, feelings of worry, uncertainty and just simply being overwhelmed by what needs to be done can leave families paralysed.
You wish someone could take it away from you and deal with it and just make it happen.
At PW Lawyers, we can help by;
- Interpreting the Will of the deceased in terms of estate laws
- Advising executors and trustees in regard to their duties and rights
- Informing government bodies including Centrelink and Veterans Affairs
- Applying for Probate of the Will in the Supreme Court
- Dealing with intestacy (where there is no Will)
- Applying for Letters of Administration (if the Will is deemed invalid or is absent)
- Identifying estate assets and liabilities
- Obtaining valuations of estate property
- Collecting estate financial assets including superannuation, bank funds, shares, outstanding loans, and insurance payouts
- Selling or transferring estate property including estate auctions
- Paying estate debts including mortgages, funeral costs, and testamentary expenses
- Advising in regard to family and testamentary trusts
- Administering trust funds
- Distributing bequests and inheritances to beneficiaries
- Organising information for estate tax returns
- Family mediation and negotiation
- Contesting wills in the Supreme Court
- Defending estate litigation in the Supreme Court
- Acting for the Plaintiff in Family Provision Claims
- Acting for the Defendant in Family Provision Claims
Formerly Proctor Willaws, PW Lawyers was founded by Wills & Estates Accredited Specialist John Buttfield in 1996, and the firm has been listed by Doyle's as a Recommended Firm for this area of law.
And, we have kept our professional fees for Probate unchanged since 2008, because we know you just need to get through this with the least stress, pain and effort and you want it done professionally.
We are committed and passionate about giving our clients the best service and advice at this extremely difficult and emotional time their lives.
PW Lawyers will work with you within your required timelines and we will keep you updated with the progress, so you'll know what's going on in each step along the way with no surprises.
Contact PW Lawyers on 02 9415 8192 and we can guide you through this period.